accessing . . .

accessing . . .

Home Care Library

Hardwood Floors

The Home Wizard app calculates your ideal home care program to avoid problems with your Hardwood Floors, but sometimes trouble can still occur. Here are answers to questions about hardwood floor protectors.


A solvent based wax is what is recommended for maintaining wood floors. Please give me the name of the right kind of wax to use.
Also what kind of floor protectors. I've tried the felt circle kind, but the furniture slides easily. Is there another type??? What about the plastic caps that the legs sit in???


Dear Pat:

Regarding your first question about what kind of wax to use for your hardwood floors, the answer is that it depends on what is on your floors now, the condition of your floors, etc.
Here is a webpage that describes how to select and apply the appropriate wax finish for your particular hardwood floor:

And regarding your second question about floor protectors, if you don't like that the felt pads because they allow your furniture to slide around too much, then here are some vinyl and rubber alternatives that you might want to consider:

Hope this is helpful.


Thanks for your helpfulness and quick response.

Hardwood Floors